We are delighted to be joining 3XE Digital on May 19th at Croke Park, Dublin.
The goal of 3XE Digital Conference Series is to educate and promote forward thinking and thought leadership on topics related to internet business and marketing in a forum for leading digital professionals to come together for additional networking and professional development.
Learn from the very best in the digital marketing industry about what the future holds for your business. Attend workshops to understand the very latest in best practice. We’ll introduce you to some of the best subject matter experts available in digital marketing. You’ll be massively engaged through listening, learning and networking.
You’ll meet some of the best high profile international keynote expert speakers in Dublin in 2015 to discuss these vital themes to enable our sponsors, exhibitors and delegates to meet and network in Europe’s digital hub. The venue for this exciting event is Dublin’s famous and historic Croke Park.
Click here to get your ticket online and have 20% off with the promotional code: ConnectorDiscount
You can learn more about the show at www.3xedigital.com
We look forward to seeing you there!
We are excited to announce that SocialMedia.ie will be joining the All-Ireland Business Summit on May 13th at Croke Park, Dublin.
This event is aimed at bringing Irish businesses from all 32 counties of Ireland to Croke Park, to network and do business in a one day high energy event. It has made a lot of exciting announcements on inspiring keynote speakers and event features (entrepreneurs live streaming zone, business advice zone, business networking sessions etc). Over 70 businesses will be exhibiting and showcasing their services on the day.
It will be an excellent opportunity for you to network with over 1,200 attendees!
The All Ireland Business Summit will be the premier event for business owners and professionals in 2015. Attendees will have excellent networking opportunities throughout the day to make to make worthwhile connections. The event will present a compelling line-up of speakers to reflect issues affecting businesses in Ireland today, with invaluable insight from business experts and academics on how to seize business growth opportunities and identify new ideas.
Click here to get your ticket online and have 10 euros voucher with the promotional code: SOCIALMEDIA
You can learn more about the show at www.allirelandsummit.com
We are looking forward to see you there!
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join one of the best digital agencies in Ireland?
Our sister brand Connector.ie is one of Ireland’s most progressive creative digital agencies specialising in connecting the digital and physical worlds. The team is based in the centre of innovation that is The Digital Hub. Connector is a leading Irish digital business agency supporting clients as they face up to digital, social & mobile challenges and opportunities.
We create ideas that turn into campaigns, campaigns that become content, content in social and digital media that generate awareness, positive sentiment, connections and great return on investment. We run training courses and other brands in our portfolio include TheSnapys.com, Futurology.ie & DigitalFood.ie. To see more about our work with clients like Sony Mobile, click here.
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team in Dublin and the following are current open opportunities. We are looking for a brilliant Digital Account Manager and a talented Digital Marketing Intern.
DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
- This is a full time position based in our office in The Digital Hub in Dublin, Ireland.
- Salary negotiable based on experience.
- Regular training provided.
- Liaise with clients on digital marketing projects.
- Write briefs with detailed functionality specifications
- Brief and manage creative teams, and understand all processes and platforms.
- Responsible for the quality of service of all integrated campaigns across all channels including SEO, PPC, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Plan and write digital content to support the social media and online strategy, for each relevant audience and marketing channel (email, apps, website, social networks etc.)
- Manage internal marketing, communications and team training.
- Update online content via the content management systems (CMS), Hootsuite and email marketing platforms.
- Use customer insight to monitor visitor engagement and optimise content in line with customer requirements.
- Report on digital marketing campaigns, to show conversion rates and analytics on key goal conversions.
- Social media planning and management to include blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Responsibilities include copywriting, keyword strategy, link building & site architecture.
- Plan and implement customer research and using the findings to feed into the online strategy to support the business goals (growth, retention, engagement).
- Understand client objectives and alignment of the social strategy In addition to managing social media platforms for the client and build ongoing relationships.
- Present findings to key stakeholders to drive the social media strategy and engage key users.
- Identify new tools, including reporting tools to measure the activity.
- Manage company blogging to develop and influence key bloggers and “thought leaders”.
- Implement traditional and digital PR content writing for press releases and newsletters.
- Develop and plan social media content with key teams, write design briefs and brief designers.
- Manage copywriting, keyword strategy, link building, site architecture.
- Produce KPIs and insight to improve digital campaigns.
- Increase awareness of the brand, product and services both internally and externally through outreach and social media amplification.
- Manage aspects of the website content and help with keyword research, on-page optimisation, technical SEO and link-building best practices.
- Create internal content, including presentations emails, brochures and internal sales collateral.
- Own and manage the branding guidelines and check for compliance.
- Produce training and best practice guides to manage content and relevant systems.
- Delivering Training when necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Business, communications or digital qualification – Degree or higher.
- Native English speaker.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Creative with passion for marketing across all platforms ie.website, video, photography and digital media.
- Confident in engaging with clients and making presentations.
- Pro-active to keep up to date with the company’s products, services and marketing campaigns.
- Willing to share knowledge and expertise, and guide other colleagues.
- Results focused with excellent project management skills.
- Able to multi-task and stay calm under pressure.
- Accuracy with attention to detail – excellent at proofreading.
- Not frightened to debate content – be customer’s voice!
- Keep up to date with all branding processes and guidelines.
Desirable Technical Experience
- Up to date with asset management and best practice.
- Understand regulatory requirements which impact content management for the website and external communications. i.e. eCommerce legislation, Data Protection etc.
- Experience of YouTube videos and customer engagement content.
- Experience in using CMS system and uploading data and basic HTML coding
- Some experience in design packages i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks
- Ability to use analytics to help with content management.
- Good knowledge of email, PPC, SEO & Social Media.
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
We are looking for a full-time or part-time Digital Marketing Ninja to join the team immediately. This mission would suit a fanatic in the arts of digital and social media marketing. By joining our elite team you will gain industry experience with one of Ireland’s top digital specialists who offer a range of Digital, Social & Mobile services.
After your initiation to our brotherhood of ninja, you will work on internal projects and client work in the area of digital, social and mobile marketing. You will gain invaluable experience with website content management, blogging, community management, digital video, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, mobile media and much more! The student shall soon become the master…
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will already have the following:
- Degree in business, communications or technology;
- Some experience in digital marketing and social media;
- Good Presentation Skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English;
- A strong knowledge of Digital Marketing Metrics and Analysis is a plus;
- Martial arts skills not required (for now…)
This is an unpaid full time / part time junior position with considerable training but expenses will be covered. We are looking at a 8 to 12 weeks trial period before we promote the person to a full time salaried position. Commission on sales is available immediately if you can help us win new business. People eligible for JobBridge can apply through this program and should the candidate prove successful after the the 2-3 month period a full time salaried position will be offered.
To apply , contact us on email@example.com with your CV and details of your availability with Digital Marketing Internship or Digital Account Manager in the subject line.
If you are passionate about social media, online video, and everything in between you may be the one we are looking for!
State of the Nation
In a recent study, Facebook was declared the most popular social media platform in Ireland, with 1.3m people using the website. The research was conducted by global digital behaviour analysis firm GlobalWebIndex. The study concluded that when compared with global trends, Ireland’s usage of social media platforms such as the aforementioned Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn, shows greater penetration rates than global averages.
Social media has infiltrated the minds and lives of every major demographic group on our island. Exposure to these platforms can occur at our desks, on our televisions and even from our pockets!
Some quick facts
The 2012 Social Media Marketing Report provided information that businesses operating in today’s world dare ignore to their detriment:
1. 94% of all businesses with a marketing department used social media as part of their marketing platform.
2. 85% of all businesses that have a dedicated social media platform as part of their marketing strategy reported an increase in their market exposure.
3. 58% of businesses that have used social media marketing for over 3 years reported an increase in sales over that period.
But not every business has the means to support a marketing department…
At first, it may be a bit perplexing to see a local butcher, a corner-shop or even an establishment as reverent as a funeral home donning the iconic symbols of Facebook or Twitter on their storefront, imploring customer or passersby to “Like” our page or “Follow us”. When looking at the above statistic from The 2012 Social Media Marketing Report, one might deduce that such small and traditional businesses need not bother themselves with digital marketing as they do not operate sophisticated marketing departments. And besides, what interesting subject matter could a local accountancy firm or a florist possibly want to project to the online masses.
Social media platforms such as Facebook, offer an attraction to small businesses as it is a quick, easy and free means of creating an online presence and exposure. The necessity for coding and HTML skills is eliminated. Having a website designed for small, localised businesses can be prohibitively expensive and very unlikely to attract hordes of new customers, so such businesses can use Facebook to build up a local community of fans who may be customers, future customers or other local supporting businesses. It is a very easy way to get your phone number and address out there, and also a forum for reaching out to your customers.
The butcher wishing the local GAA team all the best in their upcoming final, a small accountancy firm posting an explanation about a new government tax scheme, a local shop promoting the discounted goods of the week or a fishing equipment store posting information about the tides. The possibilities for content which interests and benefits your customers is endless.
As previously mentioned, joining these social media platforms is quick, easy and free. However, harnessing the true potential of these social networks to enhance the profile of your business and fully utilise the tools available can be challenging. By devising a focused digital marketing strategy, small businesses can reap huge benefits ranging from increased exposure and sales to being associated with local community initiatives to ensuring your business stands out from the crowd.
Contact us today to enquire about our tailored digital training courses which are geared towards businesses of all shapes and sizes!
Written by Martin Gaffney.
Martin currently lives, studies and works for a large multinational in Cork City. He holds a Higher Certificate in Business and is currently studying a Bachelor of Business in Management at Cork Institute of Technology. Martin is an avid technophile and his interests range from engaging digital content to market research. Electronic music and Cork City FC are Martin’s other love interests. You can find him on Twitter @GaffKiiid.
We were really delighted to talk this morning at Dublin Food Chain.
Please visit Dublin Food Chain Breakfast Workshop for the full list of speakers and details about the event.
We hope you liked our presentation on How to serve up tasty social media for the food sector.
If you missed it you can find the presentation below
Founded by Conor Lynch in 2009, Connector is a leading Irish digital business agency supporting clients as they face up to digital, social & mobile challenges and opportunities. All sister brands, Connector, connector360, SocialMedia.ie and BOSS Metrics offer a wide range of specialist services for those who want to manage digital in-house or to outsource to a trusted partner.
We are passionate about helping SMEs, government agencies, organisations, startups and individuals create their digital destiny. We create ideas that turn into campaigns, campaigns that become content, content in social and digital media that generate awareness, positive sentiment, connections and great return on investment.
Connector/socialmedia.ie is always on the lookout for talented people to join our team in Dublin. Please find our current open opportunities below.
We all know how difficult it is to find a job and in the current climate it’s even more challenging. It’s easy to get disenchanted with the whole process and get distracted by social media. But did you know that these days, social media might be one of the keys to getting your next job?
In this case study, we’ll show you how you can leverage social media to your advantage, helping you stand out from the crowd.
Read on to learn the tips and tricks to improve your social media network. Read more
Great customer service is the key to keeping everybody happy but in our changing world where customers are increasingly online, gone are the days of in store help desks, telephone helplines and even email assistance. Customers want their customer service online on social media and wise businesses know that wherever your customers go, you should follow. Enter social customer service.
Social customer service means transferring your customer help desk from your store to your social media profiles. A recent report by Accent Marketing revealed some staggering facts about social customer service – that nearly a third of customers use Facebook to contact a customer service representative, that half of those people believe Facebook is the fastest way to solve customer service issues and that nearly half of those expect to have their comment or query answered within an hour. With statistics like that, any business that does not consider social media a customer service tool should be changing their tune and getting on board with social customer service – fast. But how do you do that? Read more
In today’s world, the customer is king and just like traditional kings, the customer will tell you exactly what they want, so you better listen. To listen, you have to find out what your customers are saying, and in today’s hyper-connected world, customers are talking online. But how do we listen to them online? Through digital listening.
Digital listening means locating and analysing what is being said about a company, brand or individual on the internet. The listening can and should take place across many channels – as many as your customers are located on – to get a full, balanced report of how people view your company, brand or product.
Getting started with digital listening can be intimidating. Venturing on to the internet unprepared and finding that there’s a whole conversation going on that you weren’t involved in until now can shock even a veteran marketer. So, where do you start? Read more