We were delighted to celebrate the launch of the Huawei Snapys last week and here are more details about these Irish awards for the Instagram community.
BOSS Metrics left the NDRC building again last week and got another fantastic reaction! Our audience this time was the Irish Software Association Investor forum at IBEC and we got short-listed for the final event on the 10th May! Pretty exciting to get to pitch in front of 10 investors and get their feedback on our progress to date.
This event is designed to honour the best and brightest in Ireland, in the development of applications for smartphones, tablets and social media platforms. Â This yearâ€™s Appys were launched on September 12th and the award ceremony will take place in the Mansion House, Dublin 2 at 6.30pm on November the 3rd, 2011.
To find out more about this great awards ceremony click here.
As a native of Oldcastle, Co. Meath, Conor Lynch features in this weekâ€™s issue ofÂ The Meath Chronicle. This article recognises SocialMedia.ieâ€™s win for â€˜The Best Use of Social Mediaâ€™ at the iia Net Visionary Awards 2011.
Conor Lynch is one of the judges at the 2011 Appy Awards which will take place in the Mansion House on the 3rd of November. Conor has been busy playing with loads of iPhone, Android and web apps ahead of the ceremony.Â We canâ€™t reveal which Apps were his favourite just yet but we will post the winners once they have been announced!
Cian Corbett is one of the judges at the Web Awards 2011 which will be hosted in the Mansion House on the 22nd of October. Cian and the panel will have to pick from a host of categories such as Most Useful Website in Ireland to Best eCommerce/Services Website. Only time will tell which companies are victorious.
New Pages on SocialMedia.ie
We have just launched some new pages on the website.Â The About Us page has been expanded to include Our Team, Clients, Testimonials, Media and Partners. We also have a new Careers page where we will be posting any job vacancies at SocialMedia.ie and elsewhere.
On Friday 14th of October, we launched the SocialMedia.ie Tribes Challenge 2011.Â This challenge will be a great way for students and graduates to gain experience with social media and to raise their personal profile.Â We will be rewarding the best entries in an award ceremony which will take place in December.Â We are looking forward to reading all of the entries!
Training in Wexford and Limerick
We have a number of training workshops coming up around the country including Wexford and Limerick. Make sure to look out for them in your county!
Conor and Cian will be busy this week, training individuals in the ever growing world of social media. Â They will be at the Irish Travel Agents Association and the Dublin City Enterprise Board as well asÂ our weekly lecture at NUI Maynooth. Â We hope to see you at one of these events!
Last week we recorded our latest digital video. Â Liane Costello directed Conor and the team in what is sure to be an excellent video. We will be posting the video this week so keep reading the blog to make sure you don’t miss it!
Oldcastle native Conor Lynch features in this week’s issue of The Meath Chronicle. This article recognises SocialMedia.ie’s win for ‘The Best Use of Social Media’ at the iia Net Visionary Awards 2011.
Social Media News from Ireland
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – yet another new trailerSource: Social Media (Ireland)Published on 2015-11-27
- Picture that! Des Bishop opens up about joining Snapchat: ‘Its madness’Source: Social Media (Ireland)Published on 2015-11-27
- Stella McCartney’s changing face sparks fan meltdown as social media users react to star’s …Source: Social Media (Ireland)Published on 2015-11-27
- Cafe owner responds to social media outrage after offering a €3.50 water tasting menuSource: Social Media (Ireland)Published on 2015-11-27
- Irish SMEs above European average for e-commerce, says Virgin MediaSource: Social Media (Ireland)Published on 2015-11-27
Social Media News from UK
- A sweet sense of the surreal guides Belgians past national dysfunctionSource: Social Media UKPublished on 2015-11-27
- Explicit antisemitism remains rare in media and political discourse, says CST reportSource: Social Media UKPublished on 2015-11-27
- Shocking image emerges of man who claims he was attacked in Glasgow as Celtic faced AjaxSource: Social Media UKPublished on 2015-11-27
- Laquan McDonald protesters look to disrupt Black Friday in ChicagoSource: Social Media UKPublished on 2015-11-27
- Charlie Mulgrew explains mystery exit from field during Celtic’s defeat to AjaxSource: Social Media UKPublished on 2015-11-27