WordPress is a powerful tool to use in order to create websites, and it’s our favourite here at connector360. If you have a WordPress site, you may have noticed messages appearing at the top of your dashboard reminding you to install updates once in a while. Website managers need to remember that WordPress is a software like all others and needs to be kept up to date. However the major difference here is that WordPress is based on an open-source community, which means that at any given moment, hundreds of developers are working on improving your experience – that’s why WordPress updates are so frequent. Updating your website may be an annoying task at times, but you have to understand that it’s good practice.
According to Murphy’s Law, anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and the same can be said for your website. Your site could crash when you need it the most, but updating it is best way to prevent that from happening.
However, your website crashing isn’t the only problem you could encounter. In the case of a severe website failure, you won’t be able to reinstate it unless you use a dedicated backup solution.
With this in mind we want to give you an overview of the main reasons behind how you could benefit from WordPeace, our brand new maintenance solution for your WordPress website.
1. Keeping your WordPress website up to date – Our WordPress experts will ensure that your core WordPress software is up to date, including:
- Bug fixes: Every new update comes with a set of bug fixes. Some things that may not be noticeable for you may bother your customers and leave them with a bad impression about the user experience on your website. Don’t forget that at the end of the day your website is a powerful communication tool for you to stay in touch with existing and potential customers, so it needs to have the best user experience that it can have.
- New features integration: Major update releases encompass new integrated features, giving you more tools and functionality in order to get the best possible experiences from your website.
- Performance upgrades: The aim of updates is also to make things run faster and more smoothly. Updates often bring new software optimisations in order to make WordPress websites quicker to browse.
- User experience enhancements: WordPress tries to keep things simple. Now and again updates come with interface improvements in order to make the content management system for the website owner (yourself) easier and faster to use.
- Future-proofing: If your website is not regularly updated, it may eventually reach a point where the plug-ins you use on your website are only compatible with newer versions of WordPress. Gradually updating your WordPress site will allow you to deal with only small changes and fixes, whereas installing all updates at once would be likely to lead to a major disruption of your website and create a heavy maintenance workload due to the combined effects of different changes and bugs.
2. Security patches installation – Our WordPress experts will update your website with the latest security patches, in order to ensure optimal protection for your website, including the following:
- Security breach closing: Hackers are always one step ahead and are constantly trying to find ways to infiltrate websites, especially because WordPress holds the keys to millions of sites. It is therefore of paramount importance to update yours in order to shut down any possible security gaps.
- Shared server infections prevention: Hosting your website on a shared server may be a risky thing. If one of the hosted websites gets infected, your website could get contaminated if you have the same WordPress version. Installing updates will thus help you prevent infections on your own site.
3. Weekly backups – What if your website has a major problem? If you don’t use a backup solution, no data rollback will be possible. With WordPeace, you won’t have to worry. We’ll backup your website weekly in order to minimise the effects of a potential website failure.
4. 24/7 uptime check – Our dedicated team will be monitoring your site’s server 24 hours 7 days a week. If any server problems occur, the team will notify you immediately.
5. Updating plug-ins – WordPeace also includes all plug-in related maintenance. We will install the latest versions of all your site’s plug-ins to guarantee the best possible digital experience for your customers.
6. Profile rights management – Are you tired of managing user accounts on your website? Don’t have time to delete old accounts that may cause a security breach? Our WordPress experts will close every obsolete account on your request to ensure that no unauthorised users have access to your site.
7. Immediate response – In case of website failure, our team will be able to reinstate your website to its most recent backup within 24 hours!
At connector360, we hold your WordPress website security close to our hearts. We know your website matters, and we endeavour to ensure your peace of mind.
If you want to learn more about WordPeace, you can take a look at the product description below, or get in touch with our team: email@example.com